WHY do we collect personal information?
- fulfil orders for goods and services;
- provide commercial credit and finance;
- provide training and product information;
- manage customer and other business relationships;
- deal with inquiries and feedback;
- improve our products and services;
- conduct events, promotions, and competitions;
- promote and market our company, products and services;
- understand our customers and community and tailor our products, services, marketing and communications to suit their needs; and
- recruit staff and manage contractors.
WHAT kinds of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about our customers, business contacts, newsletter subscribers, competition entrants, job applicants, and others. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect their names and contact details, and information about their:
- transactions with us,
- use of our products and services;
- subscription preferences;
- participation in events, promotions and competitions organised by us;
- job applications; and
- other interactions and communications with us.
We may collect financial, credit-related and identity verification information about people and companies for the purpose of our credit management only.
We provide opportunities for people to share additional information with us if they wish, such as service for service improvement.
We will only send direct marketing communications to people if we have their consent, or the law otherwise permits. We may use any personal information we have collected about a person to tailor those communications to reflect his/her needs.
We will always provide a simple way to opt out of any direct marketing from us.
We need to share some personal information we hold with participant’s employers, for business processes, reminders, deliveries and so on. Some of those businesses are based in Australia. But we only disclose what is necessary for them to do their job, normally they would be a parent company of a New Zealand subsidiary and would be contractually obliged to keep your details safe.
HOW do we protect personal information?
We know how important it is to keep personal information secure, so we have a range of processes in place, including:
- using secure servers and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data;
- measures to control internal access, such as policies, physical access restrictions, network structures, passwords, and access tracking;
- secure third party online payment methods.
And when information isn’t needed anymore, we’ll make sure it gets destroyed, deleted or de-identified.
HOW can I get in touch about my information?
If we hold information about you, you have rights to access that information and/or ask us to correct it if it’s wrong. All you need to do is contact our Privacy Officer.
Please also contact our Privacy Officer if you have any concerns or complaints about how we’ve handled your information. He/she will investigate and respond in writing as quickly as possible. If you’re not satisfied after that, it’s your right under the privacy legislation to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner.
Here’s how you can reach our Privacy Officer:
National Advanced Drivers School Ltd
PO Box 147 217
Or email email@example.com